Is the historic cash register in the store doomed to disappear?
What are the needs of the market in relation to the digitalization of the points of sale?
Today, the consumer doesn’t expect the same thing from the store, because e-commerce has left its mark. The customer is waiting for services close to what is offered on the web. We are talking about the digitalization of sales outlets because these services require that sellers be equipped with digital tools. The danger of the digitalization of the points of sale is however the non-adherence of the sales teams.
The checkout system was the only software that existed in stores, but this is no longer the case today. The SoCloz tool encompasses all new services as a sales tool to drive the in-store experience. SoCloz's vision is the merger of all services offered to customers in the minimum number of interfaces. As a result, we will no longer talk about cash in the future, because the seller must have an intuitive interface for him.
This implies more and more mobility and less and less fixed boxes. The SoCloz platform manages three themes for this purpose:
- Web to store: which includes click and collect
- Ship from store: web and store inventory unification to deliver faster.
- Web in store: to have a tool in which it is possible to make the order, a part to take away, and the recovery of information on the customer.
Customer experience and return on investment
Retailers are used to doing communication, but also have other expectations: return on investment, cost reduction, clienteling ... But the clienteling, for example, is a chimera today, because retailers are not always able to recover the customer data. This is not the priority of retail today. So what is the omnichannel experience sought by retailers and their consumers? Here is an illustration, step by step:
- A customer arrives at a store and faces an out of stock situation.
- So he wants to order his article, but also wants to leave with an article from the store.
- For this, he doesn’t want to queue twice. He therefore needs a salesman able to unify his basket and make his sale.
- The credit card is only used once for order taking and for take-out.
- Since the customer doesn’t want to pay delivery fees, he can use the click and collect to be delivered to the store near his home.
- The order is taken from a second store, without even the customer or the seller being aware. This store is chosen because of low demand for this item.
- A carrier delivers it to the first store, which receives it in the manner of a classic click and collect.
- The article is scanned, the customer is informed of his arrival, and comes to recover it.
Here is an example of the desired omni-channel experience. By choosing the solution SoCloz, Tape à l’oeil managed to unify its stocks and thus gain 15% on its web turnover. For Jérémie Herscovic, "an omnichannel approach allows both to earn cash, but at the same time to optimize its costs."
The use case Tape à l’oeil
Tape à l’oeil wants the customer to be at the heart of all his business projects. After 8 years of existence in e-commerce, it had transformed some of its customers into omnichannel customers, and these consumers began to consume 2.5 times more than those in store, and 5 times more than the web clients.
Based on this observation, the brand has made sure to spend 5 to 15% of omnichannel consumers in three years, without reducing their consumption. Within two years, the goal is to reach 50 or 60%. The brand relies for this on several projects:
- Unleashing energies by redistributing turnover, allowing the web and the digital ecosystem not to become a source of revenue for the company, but a tool for sales support in the store.
- The turnover of a Tape à l'oeil store is 10 to 30% on customer order. Point-of-sale traffic has therefore changed as customers no longer want to queue to pick up a package.
- Provide an e-booking template prepared from the warehouse. Customers don’t pay and get rid of this important brake on the purchase.
There was therefore a real need to have a tool to reuse a number of actions of the fund, without questioning existing systems. SoCloz solution was presented as the simplest, quick to implement and ergonomic.
SPEAKERS: Jérémie HERSCOVIC, SOCLOZ and Edouard MACHY, TAPE A L’ŒIL
According to a study by Forrester, 89% of marketers say their work on marketing campaign customization is relevant, putting the right product on the right channel, the right customer, and the right time to engage customer engagement.The same study shows that only 5% of consumers think that the messages they receive are inappropriate to their needs, and when they receive it. This paradox is the...